It's that time of year again! Time to deck the halls and make sure we haven't forgotten any essential decorations. Here's a checklist of items that may have slipped our minds in all the holiday craziness:
1. Christmas lights: These are a must-have for any holiday decor. If you haven't already bought them, now is the time to add some twinkling lights to your home, both inside and out. Bonus points if you can get your significant other to hang them for you. We have an array of Christmas lighting
for you to choose for.
2. A tree skirt: A tree skirt is the perfect finishing touch for your Christmas tree, hiding the stand and adding a pop of color or texture to your holiday display. And let's be real, it's also a great way to hide any stray pine needles that may have escaped the vacuum.
3. Ornaments: Ornaments are a fun way to personalize your Christmas tree and add a touch of whimsy to your holiday decorations. If you haven't already picked out your ornaments, now is the time to do so. Just try not to break any while you're hanging them (we've all been there).
4. Stockings: Hang a stocking for each member of your household on your mantel or by the fireplace for a festive and fun holiday tradition. And make sure you leave some extra room for all the holiday treats and goodies!
5. A festive doormat: A doormat is a small but impactful way to add some holiday cheer to your home. Choose one with a holiday message or a festive design to welcome guests and spread some cheer. Just don't forget to shake it out before you invite anyone over.
6. A Christmas tree topper: A tree topper is the perfect finishing touch for your Christmas tree. It can be a traditional star, an angel, or something more unique like a snowflake or Santa hat. Just don't get too competitive with your tree-topping game. It's not a competition, ladies.
7. Holiday figurines: Figurines like Santa
, reindeer, or elves can add some whimsy and personality to your holiday decorations. Display them on a mantel or tabletop for a festive touch. Just try not to go overboard and turn your home into Santa's workshop.
8. Garlands: Garlands are a great way to add some holiday cheer to your home, and they can be draped over mantels, doorways, or banisters. They come in a variety of styles and materials, so you can find one that fits your holiday decor. Just make sure to measure twice and cut once, ladies. No one wants a lopsided garland.
9. A nativity scene: A nativity scene is a traditional holiday decoration that can be displayed on a tabletop or mantel. It's a beautiful way to celebrate the reason for the season and add some spiritual meaning to your holiday decorations. Just don't forget the baby Jesus
. That's kind of a big deal.
10. Table decorations: Don't forget to add some holiday cheer to your dining room or kitchen with tabletop decorations like festive table runners, placemats, and napkins. These small touches can really make a big impact on the overall feel of your holiday decor. Just don't let your inner perfectionist get the best of you. It's okay if the placemats don't match the napkins.